My life

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

About Romania part 3 (ARp x)

The things I wanted to write about:
- People (my hosts, the hungarians and in general)
- Places (Oradea and the countryside)
- AIESEC (the conference and in general)

Let's take the people for now.
(In my opinion, way too many people smoke here.)

It's quite strange being abroad but not really being a foreigner... I don't know exact numbers, but it feels almost half of the people here are hungarian... okay, the situation is more difficult than this. A whole lot of Romanians speak hungarian... There was not really a situation where I couldn't survive with hungarian. Some of the locals (romanians) are upset, cos not all hungarians talk (or know at all) romanian. For eg, if you pop in to a shop you might be asked 'Tessek?' (kind of 'What can I help you?' in hun) and people freak out claiming it to be Romania, for God's sake.
In case I couldn't use hun, I managed with english :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home