My life

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Yesterday...

We had the Info session for AIESEC yesterday afternoon. I was supposed to talk about conferences, meaning, motivate them for going to conferences.
I started by making comparison between education as we have it in its traditional/formal way and how learning happens in AIESEC. Of course, I did not have time to talk about the other 5 ways, and it wasn't the aim, afterall. I mentioned how many different kinds of conferences we have, then shared some moments of my experiences being a delegate. Starting with my first TEACH where Marcus Orlovsky had a 2-3 hour long motivational speech... talking about fuck ups :) and I remember most of us was amazed and was enjoying a lot... I would love to be able to have such an impact on people.
Then ACCESS came to my mind (it was called Introsemma at that point) where we had a session with a futurologist.. :) I don't exactly remember what we did there, but I do remember my feelings. And that I still have the guy's business card :)
And finally about EuroLDS 2004. There I made a personal 10 year goalsetting (it's changed a little bit since then...). But I'm here now because of that plan... I said I wanted to work in 3 different countries with AIESEC. Hungary, Finland, and now Romania :)

I have to say I felt really good being on stage. And I got good feedbacks also... I wish I could chair a newie camp at least for my home LC, MiskoLC.
And also to do facilitation at national or international newie conferences.

I used to be afraid being on stage, or more of making fun of myself on stage. I am not, anymore :)
I believe myself to be credible. I talk about things I have experienced, I love, I enjoy... things that are truly part of me. I am confident talking in English, thinking in English...

Whatever... :) I enjoyed being in front of those people yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home